Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or
university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and
We are looking for a Data Scientist with 3+ years experience who will support our product and rest of the company verticals with insights gained from analyzing company data.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the firm to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyse data from company databases drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modelling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Coding knowledge and experience with several languages: C#, .Net, Java, Java Scripts etc
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modelling) and data mining
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modelling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and independent learner.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Ability to identify or uncover patterns, correlations and trends
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Familiar with Agile development processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal.