Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Develop reliable metrics for hardware, software and storage while ensuring strategic capacity planning.
- Oversee the operation of server systems.
- Identify security vulnerabilities and eliminate them with strategic solutions that increase data safety.
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems.
- Identify and recommend new technology solutions that can help build efficiency in IT infrastructure.
- Selecting and purchasing new and replacement hardware and software, when necessary.
- Responsible for creating and administering disaster plans that will keep the company functional in the event of a crisis.
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance.
- Ensure security of network access and backup systems.
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organisational policy.
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes.
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures.
- Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organisation.
- Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages.
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware.
- Track and maintain hardware and software inventory.
- Proven working experience of 5 years as an IT Manager or relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge of computer hardware/software systems.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation.
- Experience with or knowledge of operating systems (Active Directory, and other Windows-based systems), enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring.
- Experience in agile methodology is preferred.
- A firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices.