Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or
university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and
- 4+ years’ experience in administering Microsoft SQL server databases.
- Extensive experience writing T-SQL and stored procedures and query tuning on high transaction systems.
- Experienced in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experienced in ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) development / data integration.
- Sound knowledge of RDBMS concepts, database architecture and SQL/T-SQL.
- Proficient with SQL server profiler for monitoring and troubleshooting database activity and performance.
- Experience in SQL Server Clustering and HA technologies including mirroring, log shipping, failover cluster and various replication technologies would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of other databases like MySQL, No SQL databases and In-memory databases and MCTIP certification will be an advantage.
- Ability to develop procedure documents and maintain detailed database related documents.
- Innovative approach to work, constantly looking for upgrading the system to more efficient and effective new technologies.
- Good experience in wring complex queries, procedures, functions & triggers.
- Trouble shooting performance issues. Exp. in profiling.
- Experience in reviewing query plans, indexes.
- Review of table designs and scripts/procedures. Apply best practices.
- Experience in DB design (storage/ data/log/temp DB etc).
- Create and manage multiple databases and assist in capacity planning.
- Monitor, maintain database systems and troubleshoot problems that may arise.
- Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of database users).
- Use tools like SQL Profiler for database tuning. Generate traces, execution plans, identify performance issues, deadlocks/contention and resolve them.
- Develop strategies and implement solutions for managing back-ups, restoration and replication.
- Create and manage constraints and indexes.
- Support software developers with database operations including the development of complex SQL, tuning of DML and the creation of stored procedures.
- Proactive housekeeping/archiving and shrinking of databases.
- Manage production, QA and development database environments.
- Create detailed documentation including diagrams of database infrastructure.
- Learn relevant business processes and understand the data flow, criticality and dependencies.
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with all the stakeholders (internal teams and clients).
- Set up and maintain database infrastructure for the company’s BI needs.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and independent learner.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Familiar with Agile development processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal.