At HotelHub, we are looking for a Product Owner for our Bengaluru office. The ideal candidate will be someone having program and project management experience with an ability to think tactically as well as strategically while coordinating cross functional teams in a matrixed environment.
Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Engage with external stakeholders to understand required product features and plan deliverables as per timelines.
- Great storyteller, able to build a strong product narrative which clearly articulates the motivation for the project, goals & path to success.
- Product backlog prioritisation in agreement with external and internal stake holders.
- Identify and agree product short- term and long- term road- map with stakeholders.
- Master existing systems/application/product architecture and identify opportunities for short and long term improvement.
- Coordinate all stages of product development, from initial concept art, to finalisation and distribution.
- Improve product quality by significantly reducing the defect backlog.
- Establish adequate security controls in the products to meet global standards.
- Collaborate with SM to process changes to maintain quality.
- Develop and continually revise (in partnership with other teams where necessary) suitable processes and guidelines to ensure appropriate application development standards are available to guide all the participant teams.
- Create documents for software products using Visio, Word, PowerPoint and Office.
- Responsible for hiring and mentoring team, helping individuals grow in their careers.
- Having constant dialogue about their aspirations and sharing prompt, clear and actionable feedback about performance.
- Collaboration across technology teams, providing sound business analysis, process and change leadership within a maturing, Agile framework.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Product Owner.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and independent learner.
- Should have excellent people management skill.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Familiar with Agile development processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal.
- Individual with high-level perspective to define goals and create a vision for development projects.
- Strong ability in producing/reviewing high low level design for web application with strong focus on non-functional requirements (NFR) like quality, performance and security.
- Capabilities in successfully leading enterprise wide programs and projects.
- Extensive experience in various aspects of database technology including data modeling, database performance, data migration and database design.
- Leadership skills in building team[s] from scratch and leading them effectively.
- Self-motivated with exceptional oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely with developers/designer.
- Exposure to the travel industry/domain is preferred.
- Sound understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Sound analytical and grasping skills to understand business/functional/non-functional requirements.