Bachelor or Master degree in science or information technology or engineering domain from an accredited college or university.
- Record and classify received incidents and undertake an immediate effort in order to restore a failed IT Service as quickly as possible.
- Assign unresolved incidents to appropriate tier 2 support group.
- Log all incident/service request details, allocating categorisation and prioritisation codes.
- Keep users informed about their incidents’ status at agreed intervals.
- Associate incidents with other records (i.e. incidents, changes, problems, knowledge articles, known errors, etc.).
- Provide first-line investigation and diagnosis of all incidents and service requests.
- Verify resolution with users and resolve incidents in ITSM tool.
- Escalate major incidents to the incident and/or problem manager.
- Escalate incidents at risk of breaching service level agreement to the incident process coordinator.
- Owns all incidents and service requests throughout the lifecycle.
- Manage incident response efforts to assess the criticality of an incident, appropriate mitigation activities, communication across the organisation, and ensure proper documentation is produced outlining the details of the incident.
- Serve as focal point for larger information security incidents, including providing awareness.
- Ensure that incident management is consistent across all parts of the business.
- Proactively participate in the continuous review of event handling in order to highlight tooling or process control gaps.
- Compile and validate statistical data for management reporting.
- Adhere to SLAs.
- 3+ years relevant experience in ITIL process.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively host calls with customer.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Flexible with shifts/work days.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.